Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Respect

Teaching frenzy continues. I have been blessed with very smart and motivated students this autumn. A group at the Helsinki University is doing work on reputation management, Pekka and I continue to be impressed and invigorated by the students' insight as we read the cases they prepare. My strategic management course at Hanken consists of a bunch of hard working and smart students who work like hell to make sense of the incredibly tangled thicket of strategy discourse.

For me, the most important job of a teacher is to work towards an atmosphere of respect on one's courses: respect for the work of the other students, to the work of the teacher, and of course to one's own work. The teacher needs to show his/her respect to the work of the students. I certainly have no problems doing that this semester.

1 Comments:

Blogger Myriad Enigmas said...

And well, there indeed was a lot of respect in the class, professor. You made us work, but we enjoyed doing it. At least, that was the general impression I got when a bunch of us went for a drink after the last class. Kudos!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home