Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The book Hyvä yritys, which I wrote together with Pekka Aula, a good colleague and friend has won the Pro Oeconomia prize, the highest price to be awarded to a business/economics book in Finland. This came as a surprise, as the book is quite heavy on theory and also contains a critical angle toward certain business practices such as strategic management.

To be acknowledged by a board consisting of company CEOs is highly gratifying, as it says that meaningful, non-diluted dialogue between practitioners and academics is both possible and worthwhile. It is even more sweet that the book was a labor of love of sorts for both Pekka and me, as we felt so passionately for the topic that the actual work of writing the book did not feel like work at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Ing said...

Saku, congratulations!

It's encouraging that a work "heavy on theory" gets recognition. In this era of short attention spans, publishing serious work takes courage.

I hope that the book comes out in English so that I can read it. (I assume that winning a prize might encourage that).

I'm actually just finishing off a week here in Finland, where we've been launching the Rendez project. (See http://rendez.org ). Minna Takala mentioned your news, so I was happy to see that you posted it.

David Ing http://daviding.com

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home