Sunday, September 16, 2007



Autumn in the Air

My friend and co-composer Krisse is leaving for England and we were in a bar yesterday evening. The night was a success, because the morning after was characterized - not by a sense of gloom and desperation - but by quiet, aesthetic appreciation for my immediate surroundings (Outi let me sleep until 0930). As I was pushing Iivari's cart around to help him sleep, I was struck by the color of the leaves.

There was a break in the cloud barrier and I rushed inside for my Nikon. I managed to get a few snapshots in the warm autumn light.

The contrast between the mood at work and in the surrounding nature is striking: how we buzz about in our work activities while the nature around portrays such solemn grace.

The pictures have been piling up during summer. I plan to complete a retrospective account soon. I hope that I remember some of the reflections as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home