Saturday, May 05, 2007

One happy squirrel

While putting Iivari to sleep in his carriage in the yard, I notice a busy squirrel carrying something. Luckily Iivari was content to wait while daddy rushed to get his camera and telephoto to capture what was going on.

As it turned out, the happy little fellow had discovered a roll which he was munching away.

I too have been one happy little squirrel as, career-wise, I
too seem to be "on a roll", as they say. The paper with Eero Vaara I mentioned earlier was accepted to be published in Organization Science. When you top this with another acceptance for a solo paper from the Journal of Management Studies, it would appear I have had a rather fortunate spring. A couple of years worth of hard work is starting to pay off.

Rather than bore you with the details of what the papers are about, I am going to share a few other images I captured with my telephoto just a few minutes ago.


Our neighborhood has echoed with the sounds of industrious woodpeckers for quite some time now. These little powerhouses want to lure mates by making as much noise as they can. The urbane environent has allowed them to up the ante by switching from tree barks into various metallic objects. One fellow was banging away on a street light when I caught him. Does he not get a headache doing that?


On top of that, a wagtail ("västäräkki" in Finnish; I admit it, I had to look that word up) was minding his/her own business on the lawn.


And finally, a rare and dangerous Amazon-leapfrog who had gotten caught in our fence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home